The Weekly Insight: May 7
Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
- HHSC: Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee: The Intellectual and Developmental Disability System Redesign Advisory Committee gathered for their quarterly meeting. Created by Government Code, Chapter 534, the Committee advises HHSC on the implementation of the acute care services and long-term services and supports (LTSS) system redesign for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- HHSC: Aging Texas Well Advisory Committee: The Committee gathered for their quarterly meeting on May 2, 2018, to receive updates on subcommittee work and agency departmental reports. Of particular interest was the presentation by IBM on their Aging 2.0 initiative where they are using technologies developed for people with disabilities and applying them in the aging arena.
May 10, 2018: Hospital Payment Advisory Committee
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Special education advocates propose a serious overhaul of special ed funding
- Abbott taps Tommy Williams to lead HHSC on interim basis following abrupt retirement of Smith
- HHSC Executive Commissioner Charles Smith retires amid contracting problems
- The next local control fight explained: Why Austin passed a citywide sick leave policy
- Immigration shelters nationwide ordered to show minors disputed Texas booklet that links abortion to cancer
- Marijuana legalization, war on drugs emerge as issues in race between Beto O’Rourke and Ted Cruz
- As Trump Prepares Plan to Lower Drug Prices, Big Pharma Girds for a Fight
- V.A. Medical System Staggers as Chaos Engulfs its Leadership
- DEA issues first sales suspension under Trump for opioid wholesaler
- Women with Breast Cancer Delay Care When Faced with High Deductibles
- House Dems call for a vote on ObamaCare stabilization bill
- De Blasio Moves to Bring Safe Injection Sites to New York City
- Coli Outbreak Turns Deadly with a Fatal Case in California
- On Anniversary of House Obamacare Repeal, Democrats Look to Extract a Price
- Iowa Lawmakers Pass Abortion Bill with Roe v. Wade in Sights
- Ecstasy as a Remedy for PTSD? You probably have some questions.
- Tick and Mosquito Infections Spreading Rapidly, C.D.C. Finds
- Telemedicine Takes Transgender Care Beyond The City