The Weekly Insight: July 9
Thursday, July 12th, Health Tech Austin is hosting the Personalized Medicine Conference at the Capital Factory in downtown Austin, and TXI members are invited! Using the discount code TXINSIGHT, you can receive 25% off of your registration. Follow this link to register or learn more.
Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
- STAR Kids Managed Care Advisory Committee: The committee met to hear updates on the Screening and Assessment Instrument, STAR Kids Utilization and medically Dependent Children Program Data, therapy services clarification for managed care organizations, and access to durable medical equipment in STAR Kids.
State and Federal Healthcare News:
- Some Texas clinics are meeting demand for mental health care services by multitasking
- Feds say kickbacks and bribes forced surgical patients to travel long distance to Dallas hospital
- Paid sick leave initiative signatures said to be enough
- Texans paid $500000 to anti-abortion activists. Here’s what they got.
- San Antonio State Hospital to add 40 beds for mental-health patients
- Mental health calls, some fatal, a growing challenge for Austin police
- Opioid crackdown, mental health crises aggravate violence in ERs
- The one big winner of the Obamacare wars
- With More Opioid Use, People Are More Likely To Get Caught Up In The Justice System
- Nebraska May Join Utah, Idaho in Putting Medicaid Expansion Before Voters
- GOP governor cuts health care to take anti-abortion stand
- Health insurers Warn of Market Turmoil as Trump Suspends Billions in Payments
- A Fatal Flaw as Trump Tries to Remake Healthcare: Shortcuts
- Roe v. Wade: What Supreme Court Contenders Have Said About Abortion
- What Does a Drug Cost? It Depends on Where You Live