The Weekly Insight: July 23
Texas Insight’s Recent Reports
- HHSC: Texas Autism Council, July 17, 2018: The Council gathered for their quarterly meeting and received updates from members as well as an overview of the Early Childhood Intervention Program (ECI). ECI is a statewide program within the Texas Health and Human Services Commission for families with children with developmental delays, disabilities or certain medical diagnoses that may affect development.
- HHSC: Policy Council for Children and Families, July 19, 2018: The Policy Council for Children and Families works to improve the coordination, quality, efficiency, and outcomes of services provided to children with disabilities and their families through the state’s health, education, and human services systems. The council gathered to receive information and updates on: Membership terms; IDDSRAC, which is recommending postponement of the managed care initiative around IDD, and STAR Kids Quality Initiatives.
July 23, 2018: Texas Brain Injury Advisory Council
July 25, 2018: Joint Committee on Access and Forensic Services
July 27, 2018: Drug Utilization Review Board
July 27, 2018: Behavioral Health Advisory Committee
State and Federal Healthcare News
- Texas health agency to vacate mold-infested building
- Texas senators agree on the need for school mental health services, but can they fund it?
- Texas teachers’ health care explained: State program was created to save districts money, but a few want out
- State audit finds billion-dollar errors in Texas health agency’s contracting process
- More, younger families are choosing not to vaccinate in Texas
- Texas lawmakers discuss what could make students violent: Mental health, social media, video games?
- When the lone doctor is out, telemedicine keeps this ER running
- Got Medicare Advantage? Prepare for New Perks and New Questions.
- Bayer Will Stop Selling the Troubled Essure Birth Control Implants
- Doctors and Health Workers Reflect on Rural America’s Limited Access to Care
- Trump administration to explore importing prescription drugs
- Poll: Half of Americans find health care harder to afford this year
- More than 400 bills aimed at improving reproductive health have been introduced in 2018: report
- Can A Community Hospital Stick To Its Mission When It Goes For-Profit?
- Investigation: Patients’ Drug Options Under Medicaid Heavily Influenced By Drugmakers
- Insurers And Government Are Slow To Cover Expensive CAR-T Cancer Therapy