The Office of e-Health Coordination is the center of coordination for health information technology (IT) initiatives in Texas. They ensure that projects and programs are a collaborative effort that span Texas’ Health and Human Services agencies, facilitate coordination between state, federal, and/or multi-state projects, and provide assistance to local and regional projects that include:
- Creating a collaboration and coordination infrastructure on related health information policy and technology, in particular in cross-divisional and multi-agency projects.
- Identifying and prioritizing health IT that can have an impact in improving health outcomes.
- Serving as the single point of contact for state funding opportunities under Title XIII of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
- Supporting state-level infrastructure efforts from the Texas Health Services Authority.
- Collaborating with HHSC e-Health Advisory Committee (eHAC) and other state-level health information technology leadership entities.
[Source: Texas Health and Human Services Office of e-Health Coordination]